Sunday, December 26, 2010

BFL & White Angora.......

Now that I have had a chance to give each project to its appropriate recipient, I can share with you what I've been working on over the past couple weeks.

I bought and bartered for dyed BFL wool, which I spun and then plied with some spun angora wool (rabbit). The BFL wool came from Somerhill Farm...GORGEOUS FIBER!!! It's been soooooooooo cold this year that I thought a couple hats would make good gifts this year.

The Blue and white hat went to my good friend Sylvia and the red and white hat went to my dear friend Margie.
:- )




At least I'll know they'll be warn this year.

Maybe the hat's will help jinx the weather and the recipiants won't need to use them much for the rest of this year??????????????

This is the first time I've used my homespun yarn for any kind of project--crocheted or knitted. I've realized...I really like homespun yarns!!!!!!!!!!

I have two other friends, men, who do their own Landry. I was going to crochet them hats as well....but being men...I was afraid they'd forget the hats were made of real wool and they'd through the hats into the wash and come out with itty bitty hats. :-o So for them I opted for some store bought acrylic yarns. Not much worry ther
e. ;- )

3 comments:

  1. Next year, indulge your male friends with wool hats, but foil them by making felted hats. They can't shrink one of those! :^)
    They are beautiful, Vici!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I'd love to have the pattern's for both of these beautiful hats. I could so see one on my daughter and the other on my Aunt. Beautiful job on both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Tina,
    I'll look-up the pattern directions and send them to you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete