Thursday, December 2, 2010

Welcome Winter...........

This year I've had busy fingers working away making hats from our angora wool. It's funny but I tend to think of each project as ... contributed by...Nova, Puffy, or Brendan. Or maybe a combination of contributors...kid mohair, BLF and others etc..

But while crocheting last night my 'Mother' called to tell me that PBS-Fusion, were airing the program, "A Simple Life". It's been several years since, BUT my dulimer group, The "Mixed-Up Strings", were insturmental in preparing the background music for the program. Intially our sountrack CD was offered on the program as a promotional awards item. It was a lot of work, at the time, but also what a thrilling time!!!!

If you'd like to hear a bit from this original CD go to our web page: http://www3.uakron.edu/schlcomm/White/mixed/music.html

Well, since yesterday morning the ground has been covered with snow. :- ( Actually there's only about a little over an inch of snow but every thing's still pretty white. I'm not a huge fan of winter months but I can live with it. Were as JG, BARELY tolerates it! As soon as the first snow flakes begin to fly I know the majority of JG's conversations will be growling about the weather, snow and cold. :- { This growling will last until springs return. I've told him that winter's inevitable and it can be a pleasant season for reflection on the warmth of family and friends as well as plans for the upcoming year's possibilities.
Another personal indicator of the winter months has been the change over in the barn, from water bottles to bowls for the bunz. Last night we removed all the waterbottles, as many had frozen. The temps are low but the wind chill bumps the temps even lower. BRRRRRRR!!! The only way we can maintain drinkable water during the winter is by using water bowls and multiply trips to the barn with fresh water, throughout the day.
With the holiday season I do look forward to the music and festive colored lighting. Even with the issues of today's economy we can still experience the joy of simpler pleasures, as long as we ignore the media machine push to brain washing us into thinking we HAVE TO HAVE everything they promote. :- (

This year I've had busy fingers working away making hats from our angora wool. It's funny but I tend to think of each project as ... contributed by...Nova, Puffy, or Brendan. Or maybe a combination of contributors...kid mohair, BLF and others.

2 comments:

  1. I had frozen bowls this morning for the first time. I quite using water bottles. They always leaked and were a pain. Not looking forward to winter as my hands are already chapped and have cuts due to the dryness. I'm getting prepped to knit fingerless mittens for Christmas gifts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you I gave a friend a pair of fingerless mittens. I would still like to find a good pattern for fingerless gloves. I did find a pattern on Raverly that's designed for crochet so I'll probably try my hand at that pattern using my angora wool? :- )

    ReplyDelete