Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Reality Check.....CHECK PLEASE!!!

Well, like I said, we were in for a 'Reality Check' and WE GOT IT--AGAIN!!!

I actually knew the green grass was just a teaser. :- ( This storm was forecast two days ago but I think they under estimated the snow totals. At 11 pm they said Barberton had gotten 6" and Doylestown 8" of snow. We're not that far from either of those communities but I'm sure we have a minimum of 12" of snow in our yard right now!

During a brief pause in the snow last night I took a couple pictures out our kitchen door. If you look at the top board of the rail, outside the door, you can use it as a measuring stick, it's 3/4" thick. The snow beyond the steps were within an inch of our Shelties shoulders. John had to make him a latrine area for his potty breaks.
I SURE HOPE this is the last nasty storm we have for this winter!!!
I felt really bad for many of the folks heading home last night as the snows created 'white outs'! On the news they reported many homeward bound travelers were stuck in the gridlock over 9 hours. YIKES!!!Beyond the porch railing you can see our potting wheel. It's hard to imagine weather will ever be nice enough to put the wheel into action. :- (

3 comments:

  1. We drove from Cleveland in the mess. It took 2.5 hours of scary hills and corners and all (and I mean all) the way home was ice and in many spot, pure high snow. I got lost a couple of times due to white out. I will be happy to see that door open to green grass!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! We got gallons of rain here, but only a dusting of snow. Its actually snowing right now, with a new coating on the ground. Tomorrow's sunshine should melt away anything that sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've some definite advantages to living in the southern part of Ohio. The sun was out yesterday and today an melted some of the snow BUT we're scheduled for 'more snow' later tonight and tomorrow!!! I'm beginning to wonder if spring is ever going to get her??? :- {

    ReplyDelete