Sunday, February 27, 2011

What A Weekend!!!














Well, we started the weekend off with bunny babies Saturday.

Nova and Tali presented us with 7 babies. Nova's a novice mother and has already lost one of the babies yesterday

I've been fretting about whether or not to bring the babies in, only taking them out for feedings. The temps are supposed to be in the 40's this week but our temps have been so RADICAL this year that I'm concerned over Nova's mothering skills. At this point there appears to be five white babies, possibly one black and one blue broken patterned (which is the one she lost yesterday :- { ). But keep your fingers crossed for her over the next week.

Early this afternoon my dulcimer group played for the annual fundraiser walk event, 'Walk A Mile in My Shoes' for the area's churches Hospitality Homeless Shelter Program. This is the sixth year we've played for them. We had a great time! We had a large audience this year, as walkers to the event pulled up chairs to listen to us. :- D Usually the walkers mill around chatting with one another. We played through till all the walkers departed for their walk. As the last of the walker left I called for the group to play 'The Fiddler Has Played His Last Tune for the Night', Bobbi Finley's favorite tune on the dulcimer. For many of my group, at last years walk, was the last time they saw Bobbi. We really miss Bobbi, she shared so much of her great spirit and joy with the MUS! We miss her. After the conclusion of the program we all headed to Rocknie's for dinner. They have the BEST cheesy bacon potato soup, Yum!!!!

To finish off the weekend one of my dulcimer members brought me my new spinning wheel!!! I was so excited I could hardly wait to get home to try it out. :- D It's an Ashford Traveller. This Traveler is quite a step up from my antique castle wheel.
I've tried out a used Louet S10, which I also liked, but it tends to walk around the room as you spin. :- ( It has several other pluses but the price too great for me. I think I'll be happy with this Ashford as soon as we get better acquainted.


Now the fur's really gone a fly!!!!! :- D

No comments:

Post a Comment