Friday, April 22, 2011

Spring, modem and Easter.



Grrrrrrrrrr!!! My pc's modem croaked and I had to get a new one.

So it's been quite a while since my last post.

I could work on my pc but nothing on-line. :- \ Which meant a lot of trips to the library. Good thing they've a LOT of computers!!!

But we've been busy, never the less.

Winter's grip has lightened up FINALLY!!!! Not to say its been warm. :- ( But at lest there's no more shoveling of snow. :- D I'll take the mud even over the snow, at this point! There's a wonderful floral aroma of the flowering trees and the magnolia's buds are swelling with darkening color.

I've been grooming and shear the bunnz over the past two months. A touchy proposition with the weather's temperature fluctuation. I also need to get started with spring barn cleaning. But with the weather being so wet I've been forced to hold off a lot longer than I usually do. :- (
The spinning/crochet & knitting group in Wadsworth, that I belong to, has kicked off their meeting again. :- )

I've been spinning quite a bit since purchasing my new wheel. :- D

Tomorrow I'm picking up some alpaca wool that I will mix with my tort colored angora wool. If I like the combination, angora & alpaca, I'll do more of it. I've some kid mohair wool that needs carding. I'm developing an interest in exotic fibers, maybe camel, silk, yak??? The friend that I'm getting the alpaca wool from also has gygora goats. She says that pygora goats maintain a wonderfully soft wool throughout their adulthood...very soft.

My dulcimer group, MUS (Mixed-Up Strings), has finally started meetings again too. We've a couple new members and we're adding quite a bit of new music to our lists this year.

The MUS's calendar has been active. We've four performances lined up for the United Methodist Church in Canal Fulton. We'll be performing Celtic music for their special evening dinners...which will be known as "Celtic Nights". We'll perform while the dinner guests eat. The hall will be lite by candles and all the servers will be in costume as well as the MUS. I'm not sure of what the meal will consist of yet but it sounds like a lovely evening.

The calendar also contains work for the Medina Parks--Pioneers in the Park, a program for the Canal Fulton Rotary Club, performing in Doylestown Ohio during Rogues Hollow Festival. We're helping out with the area 'Food Bank's' fundraiser-walk & luncheon. Plus we're waiting to hear back about the Arts Expo in Akron. And there's a possibly, next spring, the MUS will share their music at the Great Lakes Fiber Festival. Time will tell. :- )

I've been ask to present a small program on spinning and angora wool. One of the Summit Co. branch librarian's knows me and that I have FA's. During one of our talks it came up that I spin their wool. She ask if I'd help out with their spring 'PreSchool program'. I contacted another friend who has sheep for wool. She agreed to attend with me. She'll show the children the real wool from sheep. During this same program the library's story teller will read the book, 'Charlie Needs A Cloak'. It's a wonderful children's book of how Charlie takes the wool from his friends -- the sheep -- how he shears the wool, washes, cards, spins, dyes it, weaves the yarn into cloth and takes this cloth to make him a wonderful new cloak. Sounds like a very nice program.


In closing I wish each and everyone of you a,

Blessed Easter!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment