Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Concert, rabbits, weaving and friends......

Well it's the night before Maddie's big concert. And I'm so excited!!! She came into town at 3 pm and has settled comfortably in for the evening at Elaine's place. Tomorrow afternoon we'll set up the stage and prepare for a sound check. The concert begins at 6:30 pm. So if you've nothing else to do...come on out!!!

Thursday morning we'll begin with two hammered dulcimer workshops a break for lunch followed by two mountain dulcimer workshops to conclude the day. Friday morning Maddie leave for Michigan.

WOW! What a time we're gonna have!!!! :- )

The rest of the week is pretty well booked too.

Friday will be dedicated to catching up with last minute rabbit grooming and a final decision as to whether any coats are in shape for the Medina Rabbit Show. I'm going to try to get a couple of the fuzzies to at least one show this year!

IF all goes as planned???? (Remembering that Murphy--from Murphy's Law lives with us.)Saturday will be spent at the Show in Medina.

Sunday my neighbor (with the loom and I plan to attend the final open day for the "Mishler Weaving Mill" in Smithville, OH's. That should give us a chance to see the looms in operation.

This evening my sweetheart hubby took me out to see a movie. We seldom go to the theater these days but this was special for us. I'm a HUGE love affair with equine species. In fact that's what JG and I talked about on our first date. I had a mare that's just foaled, pretty exciting, for me. But with the release of the movie 'Secretariat' it was a MUST SEE! (movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1028579/ ) Definitely didn't follow the book as closely as I had hoped for but it wasn't a disappointment. Interesting facts pertaining to the life of Secretariat can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretariat_(horse) . We had a good evening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment