Sunday, October 17, 2010

Loom, Leaves, Dulclimers & Boats

As promised....I'm NOT keeping up with my posting. :- { But! I've still been busy these past few weeks.

As mentioned I've a loom, here it is. So far I'm still a LONG WAY from actually making anything with it. My learning curve can be very sloooowwww! And what you see on the loom was there when it arrived.

(A HUGE THANK YOU, to my good friend, Janellen!!!)

On the second Saturday in October, my dulcimer group--The Mixed-Up Strings--performed for the Medina County Parks, at their annual Fall Foliage Tour. The last stop, on the tour, is the Buckeye Woods Park were pioneer re-enact takes place. The event is known as "Pioneers in the Park". (We set up in the shelter house.)
One of the favorite audience appeal of my group is Bob....the wash tub player. You can see him at the end of the line of dulcimer & guitar players.

We were also luck to have another MUS member join us at "Pioneers in the Park"....Linda G. GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK WITH US LINDA!!!!

This event celebrates the 'glorious fall colors' as well as the Native American and pioneer crafts which enabled survival through the hardships of the wilderness.

The event drew a great crowd this year! This year it was actually WARM & SUNNY!!!

Once again a couple of old friends stopped by, Mr. & Mrs. Krege. What a treat!!!! Martin Krege, has been an awesome mountain dulcimer builder (as well as violin builder)!!!! He's fully retired from building now. He and his wife enjoy travel, vacationing and visiting with family. We wish them MANY MORE YEARS of retired enjoyment!

The bunnies have kept me busy as well. Last night I plucked 'Red', my youngest Satin Angora male. He's SUCH A SWEET GUY!!!!! He's a wonder to work with. I usually card the FA & SA wool into small rolags to spin with.

I've held off spinning much this week as I'm borrowing a Louet wheel from one of my MUS members' wife's. She doesn't spin any more and is thinking of selling the wheel. I'm very anxious to try the Louet as my antique wheel is very difficult to regulate the tension and twist.

I'm trying to infect a couple of my neighbors with the spinning bug. :- ) I took one of my neighbors with me to my spinning group last week. I gave her a drop spindle and some wool to try her hand at. Hopefully the bug will seed itself and we'll have another spinner in our midst! ;- )

Over the summer my brother's been working hard on a sale boat. He bought it late last year. It's been in need of multiple repairs which he worked on through the winter and spring. He's excited! As he's has his maiden voyage on one of the local lakes (Portage Lakes of Summit county). I ask him for pictures share with you.

The boats name is 'Summerbreeze', a 22 1/2' sloop with a moveable center board keel.

These pictures were taken in September....the trees are just beginning to turning color.

They were wearing warm clothes as the weather's been colder than usual this year.
Till we meet again!!! Let the fur fly!!!

1 comment: